Friday, February 27, 2015

Veg-eh-tableeeh Beef Soup & Kitchen Sink Convo

Today we are having a snow day and it has been all you can hope for one to be. School was cancelled, I took a day from work, made soup and spent the day with my sweetest & only offspring. She really hits me in the heart, that one. Such a pesky tween at times..such a pookie sweetie pie at others. It's like a fun game of " Who In This House Is In What Mood." It's a pretty fun game.

Mostly.

I wanted to share my Veggie Beef soup recipe wit ya because it's not like you can't just Google it yourself. Plus..  I took a picture of my hand holding carrots and I though it was semi - artistic.

See:



Veggie Beef Soup:
1 lb. Diced steak pieces or stew meat
1/2 lb. Lean ground beef
1 28oz. Can of crushed tomatoes
1 16oz can of petite (oh, we fancy..huh?) tomatoes
2 cans kitchen cut green beans
2 zuccinini, sliced
1 sweet onion, diced finely
2 stalks of celery
4 carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal (still bein' fancy)
3 yellow potatoes, diced in cubes all the same size
1 carton or a few cans of beef stock, any brand!
2 cups of aqua
salt n pepp or your favorite seasoning to taste!

The rules of this soup:
Brown the steak or stew meat & ground beef with the diced onion. Once it's allll good, add beef stock, crushed tomatoes, petite (fancy) diced tomatoes, and season. Bring to a slow simmer and add allllll veggies and the rest of the ingredients! Let them chill together until all are tender & totes BFFs. 

This is the GOOD stuff. Serve with crusty bread or if carbs are the devil for ya, just watch others eat crusty bread with their portion! Jus' kiddin'!!

As I was telling you before, we had a snow day today. Like everyone else! We spent ours defrosting a tiny pipe to the water well with a blow dryer, braving the grocery store and catching up on laundry and chores. I find as much as I stand at the kitchen sink to do dishes, this is turning out to be where some of the most fruitful discussions in this family come out. Today, this pookie tween helped me dry and we waxed over Meghan Trainor, mascara and dried on egg. It blessed my heart to talk about things that are important to her in this season and to talk about the importance of rinsing dishes so mommy doesn't have to scrub dried egg off plates because it gets her real cranky. She talked about wanting to grow up and move to Hawaii which isn't going to work. She'll be to far away and I don't know about her, but I'll always always need her kitchen sink conversation. 

Stay Warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment