Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hi ya'll and a list!

So.
First post on this new blog. Feels GREAT. I have literally tossed the idea of writing around for more than a year now. I would start and then decide not to. I would legitimately be very busy or wonder if my thoughts were important or funny enough to 1. say out loud. 2. have to explain to everyone when I see them in person "what I meant". I felt strongly convicted enough that I talked about the idea with my friend and her words of encouragement were the final push and are why these little letters find themselves scrolling across the screen today and hopefully for many more days to come.

So HI!!

I'm so happy that blogging is such a fun and popular medium for writing. I LOVE writing. I love photography among soo many other things and generally have worthwhile opinions and views. I think we'll have a good time here. Come often!

A few salient things about myself would be:

1. I am a christian woman. I'm conservative and mostly hair-brained in this season of life. Its just the way it is. No sense in hiding my light under a basket. (Name that movie!) I find the chaos of this world amusing on a good day and absolutely atrocious on a bad one or maybe......that's just because I'm a female with hormones that change my mind every 4 1/2 minutes.  I believe with all my heart that God created me to spread His Word and tell the good news of His Son Jesus. Everything I do, to Him be the glory! I also know that I am 100% a sinner in a fallen world. I am not perfect. I have nothing together in any way and I know that He still loves me and created me to be exactly the way I am. He must have had a lot of fun creating my brain is all I can say. I like to think that because He loves me so much, the roller coaster in my head must give Him lots of joy and hopefully some laughter!

2. I am a wife. I have been married nearly 12 years and I just turned 30. I'll let you break out your calc and do the math if that's something you wanna do! We were BABIES when we married and like, totally knew life would just be a dream 4evr. Turns out life is ROUGH and I'm so grateful God gave me a husband just as tough enough to not only handle the craziness of life in stride with me but also to balance out this girl. He's a good egg and he's super cute to.

3. I'm a mama. Our one and only is nearly 12 years old! She is an absolute treasure. God's priceless gift to her daddy and I. I'm not sure how I deserve to be her mama but God thinks I'm equipped. When I'm not or don't believe I am, He equips me. My girl is FUN. A little quip I like to toss around is that I know God has a great sense of humor because daddy and I are NOT SERIOUS about ALMOST everything. We are laid back to the "umpth" degree. Everything on Earth is funny, isn't it? It works for us. So...of course, our baby would be absolutely literal and have a dry sense of humor. It's an interesting mix of folks up  in our house.

I plan to share lots of pics, recipes, really deep thoughts and pieces of me and mine here. I hope you'll check in from time to time!

Aye-dee-ohhs!



No comments:

Post a Comment