Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Shricken Layuuhggss

Chicken Legs or as it is funner to say:
Shricken Layuuhggss.
This is only for those of us who really like a whole bunch of dramatics in each drawn out word.
It's a Texan thing, Maybe. Ya'awwll.

Ahem.

Meat with its own handle for holding.

Convenient.
Hand-y, (Haha!)
Super easy & delicious! 


I fixed these little daddies last night as they had held out as long as they could in the fridge before I HAD  to put them in the freezer and store them properly before they spoiled & where ultimately, they would languish, forgotten. 



Run on sentences are fun. Incorrect, but still fun.

I started by busting them out of the package and placing them in a real handy disposable aluminum pan. I remembered prettyyy quickly that I hate waste and decided that even though this pan was termed "disposable" and that I do have a REAL issue with raw poultry and its pesky bacteria reputation, I would be breaking out the Dawn and hanging on to it. I lined up the legs and drizzled some extra virgin olive oil over all of them. I used a mix of a Greek seasoning that I'd found at a Western store here in town (I KNOW!) and a seasoning that our family practically sustains our life on. It's found on almost all spice aisles and really makes my toes tweet. What I'm trying to say here, is that it's a keeper. I sprinkled and shimmied and decided to add some onion and garlic powders as well because it would require more shimmy and who, please tell me, WHO does NOT like an opportunity to shimmy behind a pan of soon to be deliciousness? I let the little guys hang out together while the grill heated up and I put together a side dish. My real cute husband showed up just in time from work and was all to happy to do the manly duty of grilling meat. I was glad because I just like to do the pretty and fun parts and all the shimmy type stuff. I'm thankful he is okay with that arrangement or doesn't even think about there being an arrangement or care or know......or something. The legs grilled up perfectly in about a hot hour or so and were the tasty dream I'd imagined them to be. So simple, so cheap. So glorious on a Tuesday! Here's a recipe:

- 1 package of chicken legs (aka: Shricken Leyuughhsss) or however much you need for the amount of folks who are eatin'.

- 3 Tablespoons or so of Cavender's Greek Seasoning. (This can be found anywhere just about but I found it one Saturday when I was looking for boot socks at Cavender's Western Wear and instead of leaving with socks, I left with seasoning. Life is so funny sometimes.)

-3 Tablespoons or so of Uncle Chris' Seasoning, a Fiesta brand. This can also be found at all grocery stores( In Texas for sure). It hangs out with all the other Fiesta seasonings and tries to look cool.)

-1 Tablespoon each of Garlic and Onion Powders. DO NOT forget to shimmy as you shake. It's seriously important. 

- 1/3 C. of good Extra Virgin Olive Oil so all yous seasonings will stick real right. 

Drizzle your legs with the olive oil, sprinkle all your seasonings right on there and make sure they are good and coated. Fire off your grill and start them off at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce your temperature to 350, closing your grill lid and "baking" them for an additional 40 minutes to an hour, depending on how large them legs are. Rotate them frequently and for the last 5 minutes or so, bump up your heat and leave the grill lid open so they get nice and crispy. 
Enjoy! 

Lots of love and a package of Chicken Legs,
K






No comments:

Post a Comment